By using the Site, you are acknowledging that you have reviewed and understand the privacy practices described in this Policy. This Site is intended for use only in the United States. If you use the Site, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Third Rock Ventures and the authorized third parties referred to herein located in the United States.
Personal Data We Collect
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Professional or employment information, such as your job title, specialty, educational and professional history, institutional affiliations and place of work;
- Employment-related information, such as information required to administer an employment relationship with us;
- Internet or other similar network activity information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, unique device identifiers, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, mobile device carrier and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site; as well as usage information, such as information about how you use the Site and our products and services, referring/exit web pages, date/time stamps, error logs, and the frequency of your use of the Site;
- Marketing information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us, and communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise; and
Information We May Obtain
- Social media information; We may maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Twitter and LinkedIn. When you visit or interact with our pages on those platforms, you or the platforms may provide us with information through the platform.
- Other sources; We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, data providers, and publicly-available sources.
How We Collect Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data and other information directly from you or through you interactions with the Site, as further described below:
- Personal Data Collected Automatically: In operating the Site, we may use technologies such as cookies, web server log files, and web beacons. A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Site gives to your browser when you access the Site. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze usage more accurately. For instance, our Site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Site without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. A web server log is a file that stores website activity. A web beacon is a web page element, such as a pixel tag, that can be embedded on a website.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings of your web browser to notify you when cookies are set or updated, and to block cookies. Please note that if you have turned off all cookies, some features of the Site may not be available to you or otherwise function as intended. To learn more about how to manage cookies on different types of browsers, you can visit the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We do not currently use technology that recognizes “do not track” signals from your web browser.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers: You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
- Aggregated, Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Third Rock Ventures through the Site, we may also receive and store certain non-identifiable information. Third Rock Ventures may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Third Rock Ventures affiliates, agents or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers.
We use both persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them, while session cookies are deleted once you close your web browser. We use persistent cookies, for example, to record your choice of language and country location. The cookies placed through your use of our website are either set by us (first-party cookies) or by a third party at our request (third-party cookies).
What types of cookies and similar technologies does Third Rock use? We use the following categories of cookies:
- Essential. We use essential cookies to help make our website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the websites will not work.
- Functionality / performance. We use these cookies to enhance the functionality and performance of the services.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Analytics. We use these cookies to help us understand how our services are performing and being used. Specifically, we use Google Analytics to collect information about how users use our services, which we then use to compile reports that disclose trends without identifying individual visitors and help us improve our services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpag....
- We may also use web beacons in promotional emails and other communications with you, to allow us to count how many people read them and to verify any clicks through to links within an email. We (or our marketing service providers on our behalf) use this to help us understand how an email campaign performed, what types of emails and content our recipients find interesting, and what actions our recipients took, so we can improve our email campaigns in the future and make our emails more relevant to our recipients. If you do not wish the web beacon to be downloaded onto your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
- To respond to your questions or resolve your problems;
- To provide you with access to certain features;
- To communicate with you about our products, services, and related issues;
- To conduct internal or statistical analysis, market research, and marketing activities;
- To protect our rights and interests;
- To ensure the security of our Site, assets, systems, and networks, or to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, unlawful or criminal activities;
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- For compliance and protection: We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations, and to defend us against legal claims or disputes, including to:
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the services;
- prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
Third Rock Ventures is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties And Service Providers: Third Rock Ventures, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: Third Rock Ventures may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Third Rock Ventures, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Privacy Rights and Choices
Opt out of direct marketing communications: You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication (if any) we send you. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Privacy rights requests: We also offer you choices that affect how we handle the personal information that we control. Depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our services, you may request the following in relation to personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the services or for other lawful purposes.
- Additional rights, such as to object to and request that we restrict our use of personal information.
- Appeal our denial of your privacy request by contacting us as set out below.
To make a request, please email us or write to us as provided in the How to Contact Us section below. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Limits on your privacy rights and choices: In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with how we address your request, you may submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the How to Contact Us section below. Depending on where you reside, such as if you reside in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you may have the right to complain to a data protection regulator where you live or work, or where you feel a violation has occurred.
Links to Other Web Sites
Retention of Personal Information
Where required under applicable laws, we retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable). To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we use personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Third Rock Ventures takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Third Rock Ventures via the Internet.
When you apply for one of our open positions, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your job application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information. We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We also use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information to improve our website and for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Other Terms and Conditions
Update Your Information; Contacting Third Rock Ventures
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted to us.